Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for Friday!

This. is. It. People.

This is OFFICIALLY my last Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching  before I begin my new job career. CAREER!!! Summer is almost over and boy am I happy about it! I'm so happy it went by quickly...much more quickly than I ever would have dreamed!

Here are 5 of the things I did this week. I have been one busy almost teacher!!

Yesterday I had to go to a meeting to sign contracts for the Union and Health Insurance. That's right, this girl is mere days away from health coverage!

 Shaunna and I right before the Union meeting. We love opportunities to confuse people. 



My twin and I headed down to our schools on Wednesday so we could see each others rooms. We discovered that Shaunna's school has a tortoise habit AND a garden. I was super jelly at first! When we got to my school, I saw that we are also getting a garden. #Twinning

 Shaunna is super jealous that they have such a huge, dead sunflower.

Part of the garden. They have farmers markets twice a year where the families can come and buy fresh produce! VERY cool!
As I continue down my healthier path, I am trying to cook more. The other day I made some delicious lettuce wraps with with a bunch of different veggis and couscous. Here is a before picture of the ingredients. I ate all of them wraps before I took a photo! haha



We had an awesome storm here the other day! This is what happens when it rains in Vegas for more than an hour.



Pardon the giant crack in my windshield. It's crazy how long you can overlook things when you are broke. haha
Today is my last day of babysitting this summer! Im going to miss the kids, but not having to leave the house by 5:30am! After this, getting up for school will be a piece of cake! haha

I hope it has been smooth sailing for those of you who have started the school year already!

Suzanna


7 comments:

  1. That is so cool that the schools over there have a garden!! And to have a farmers market sale - that's such a great idea! I wish we had something like that in NC! I hope you have a great school year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...that's a lot of rain!!! It has been raining here a LOT, too...but then again NC is used to that. :) The tortise habitat is a cool concept!!!!
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so neat learning about what it's like where other people live - school gardens and flooding, whoa! Have an awesome weekend - I am excited to hear about how your first day goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list and how crazy the flooding streets. Congrats on your new career can't wait to read about the teaching adventures!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing how excited you are that summer is over and you get to start your new CAREER!!! Good luck next week!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant wait to hear more stories when you start your career!! :) I can't wait to be down in las vegas and get to enjoy all that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck next week! Teachers here start back Monday...then students the following week!!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I respond to all comments via email, so please make sure you aren't a no reply blogger. :)