Friday, June 6, 2014

Ms. Paddy Gets a Classroom! Five for Friday!

Hello! Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!


http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/06/five-for-friday-linky-party-june-6.html

1)   Yesterday was the very last faculty meeting of the 2013-2014 school year! I thought I would stay for the meeting and then help out any teachers who were still clearing their classrooms (take all of the things they didn't want)


                  Said supplies that I helped teachers move earlier today. It was like Christmas!


2 )   I have mentioned before that I'm not exactly sure which grade or subject I will be teaching in the fall. Originally it was between 6th grade English and 7th grade reading. Last week 7th grade English was also put into the mix. Saaay Whaaaat. Yesterday I found out that 6th grade English is officially off the market, so I will either be in 7th grade English or reading. Crossing my fingers for English!


http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/06/five-for-friday-linky-party-june-6.html

3)   Throughout this ordeal, my mentor has been not so patiently waiting to find out which classroom I will be taking so he can start helping me plan and prepare. (HE IS AMAZING) Today he said I should ask which classroom I will be in, at least, so he can start moving stuff in. When I asked the principal which room I will be in she gave me two rooms and said to take my pick! I am thrilled to introduce Ms. Paddy's very own classroom!

 Ive got desks!


 Also, Computers ANNND a built in storage closet!


4)My classroom has a window!!!


Notice my lovely window to let in all of the Las Vegas sunshine! This may not seem all that great to some of you, but considering the amount of classrooms here that have absolutely no windows, it is AMAZING!


 5)     Since sixth grade is now officially out of the running, that means I have to change my blog name already...I've become so attached in the past 1.5 weeks! My new blog name will be Surprisingly Seventh, effective yesterday. I am just having trouble deciding on how it should look. 

 or
What do you think?

With the week I have had, I am one haaappy soon to be teacher! :)


Follow on Bloglovin
Suzanna


6 comments:

  1. I think people will know it's you with just Surprisingly Seventh and without the Sixth.
    Congratulation on the classroom (and window)!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I think the first look is super cute, I agree with Pixie Anne, just go straight to Surprizingly Seventh! Awesome news on getting a room and almost knowing what you're gonna be teaching!
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, too! Go with Surprisingly Seventh! I'm trying to spread the word that I'm trying to start a new weekly linkup called Sell It Saturday. I thought you may be interested in joining, although I'm not sure if you have a TPT store. I just did the first post today! I'd love for you to join in if you do!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping me decide krisitn! :) I don't have tpt store yet but I will help you spread the word!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I respond to all comments via email, so please make sure you aren't a no reply blogger. :)